Thursday 21 March 2013

Vampire Facial: Would you?


 I think everyone must of heard about Kim Kardashian’s latest procedure called the Vampire Facial, if not where have you been? You need to come out from under that rock! Anyway, this made me think about the lengths some people would go to for their own vanity.

When I was in my teens, around 14-15 I was all for cosmetic surgery. I wanted to have this done, that done and everything else. However my young and naïve self did not realise that my body would soon adjust and at the moment I am quite happy with how I look. That’s at the moment but how am I going to feel when the lines start appearing and gravity takes its toll? Will I do a Kim and turn to one of these crazy measures?

 If anybody didn’t hear about the vampire facial here's the low-down; basically it involves taking blood from your arm, mixing it with various chemicals and then injecting it into your face *cringes*. This is supposed to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.

 Looking at the pictures just makes me squirm and I’m not even thinking about watching the video because I think it will haunt me.

 As a beauty lover I am all for lotions and potions to make me look and feel better about myself but personally I think this is a step too far. In fact I think injecting anything into your face is too far. At the end of the day you are paying to put nasties into your face which will just wear off anyway and you will look just the same if not worse than before.

 Would you ever have a procedure like this?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this but it looks and sounds gross :/ I don't think I'll ever get anything done... Not worth the risk of it going wrong!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even believe she did this, Its all kinds of wrong!! Amazes me the lengths some people go too, grow old gracefully people

    Kylie
    http://lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete