Thursday 23 May 2013

DIY: Bling Crystal Peep Toe Shoes


A slightly different post today, I decided to be creative! I have seen numerous companies selling crystal peep toe shoes at quite high prices so decided I would try and make my own to save a bit of money and I think they turned out quite well. So if you want to make your own here's how I did it:


E6000 Glue, Flat Back Crystals, Bobby pin or Tweezers, Peep Toe Shoes

  1. First off all I would recommend using a magazine to cover the work surface that you are using. This will protect the work surface and will make it easier to pick up any dropped crystals. Ensure you follow the safety instructions that are printed on the glue.
  2. Depending on the size of the crystals you are using will depend on the tool you use to pick up the crystals. The ones that I used are quite small so what I did was put a little bit of glue on the stick end of a bobby pin and wait until it becomes tacky, this will then be able to pick up your crystals. If you are using bigger crystals then you can use tweezers to pick them up. You can also buy tools that are made specifically for picking up crystals, eBay is a great place to find these.
  3. Do a small amount at a time; you do not want the glue to dry before you have had a chance to put the crystals on. I applied glue in around 3-5cm intervals. I found the best technique if you want the crystals to be even was to work line by line going across.
  4. The glue dries quickly so you don’t need to worry about knocking any crystals off.
  5. That’s it really, you have bling shoes!




Let me know if you try this or customise any other shoes, I would love to see pictures!

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing!!! I don't think I have the patience to sit and do this, but I wish I could xx

    Gemma | ♥ MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you, it honestly didn't take that long I did bits at a time whenever I had a free minute x

      Delete