Saturday 6 June 2015

My Morning Skin Care Routine

Before I put my makeup on in the mornings I like to make sure my skin is prepped and ready for whatever the day is going to throw at me! My morning skin care routine does change from time to time but it always tends to revolve around products which are designed to wake your skin up and give you that little bit of an extra boost.
 
First things first I cleanse my skin. Depending on what day of the week it is will depend on what product I use. I like to exfoliate my skin 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday). Recently I started using the Clean & Clear Morning Energy Skin Energising Daily Facial Scrub, what a mouth full! This face scrub has a really lovely citrus scent and has tiny beads in which work to gently exfoliate your skin.
For days when I wasn’t a simple cleanse I have been using the All Bright Cleansing Foam Wash from the Boots Botanic range. I would describe this as more of a gel than a foam but never the less it is a great morning cleanser with brightening hibiscus perfect for making your skin look and feel more awake.
Next onto the heaven sent duo which if you have been reading my blog for a little while you will know that I love. The Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser and Refreshing Eye Cream. I am absolutely in love with these. They are the best products that I have found to really give my skin a lovely, healthy glow. They sink in to my skin quickly to give a perfectly soft and hydrated base to apply my makeup. I have done a more in depth review here.
So that’s about it for my morning skincare routine. It is quick and easy but effective!
What are your morning skin care essentials?

4 comments:

  1. I love that moisturiser too! Is it worth getting the eye cream to go with it? I've never tried it & keep arguing with myself about whether to get it or not xox

    www.tartanbones.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A million percent yes! It's got a little bit of shimmer in but not too much, honestly some mornings it is a life saver!

      Delete
  2. I love the Botanics foam wash, i've been using it in my daily routine too :) and i've got the Origins moisturiser to use when my current one runs out :). I'm debating whether to get the eye cream too!

    - Danielle | http://www.ashiploadofpolish.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes to the eye cream! I quite like this face wash, will have to try some other bits from the botanics range I think x

      Delete